Are you really stressed out of life due to your busy hectic schedule? Do you feel low on energy and always exhausted? Are you fed up with your weight gain and increased fat? Do you want to improve memory? The answer to all this is “Kapalbhati Pranayama”. In short, perfection!
Pranayama basically means breathing exercises. These exercises help you a lot to regain your life energy, to relieve stress, to reduce fat, and also to….. Oh, common man! Just keep on reading, you will be surprised to know more amazing benefits!
Well, there are many types of pranayama but today we will discuss everything Kapal Bhati pranayama and why you should practice it. Let’s get started!
What Is Kapalbhati Pranayama?
The word Kapalbhati Pranayama is derived from two words: Kapal (meaning skull) Bhati (means to shine) and Pranayama (breathing exercise) . So, this pranayama is also known as the Shining Skull Breathing technique. It’s more of a breathing technique rather than the complex yogas and is really simple.
The benefits you get from this pranayama is the same as its name (shining skull). Constantly practicing this pranayama, can shine your skull, not only externally, but also internally.
To be more clear, this breathing exercise detoxes your whole brain and body and also improves your memory and other brain functions.
In ancient times, people used to practice this as a means of relieving stress and regenerating life energy. People also used this as a tool to heal themselves from chronic diseases and also to detoxify the whole body.
In short, Kapalbhati Pranayama is one of the best and easiest ways to detoxify your brain and internal body, without much physical stress.
How To Do Kapalbhati Pranayama? Step By Step Guide
The steps for doing Kapalbhati Pranayama is really simple. Just follow the given steps for Kapalbhati:
- Sit comfortably in a quiet place with your spine erect.
- Place your both palms on your knees making them face upwards the sky.
- Deeply inhale with both nostrils and be relax.
- Now, exhale forcefully with your nostrils and simultaneously contract your belly to your spine. You can also place your right hand on the belly to feel the contraction.
- After exhalation, relax your lungs and stomach. (Do not inhale consciously, the inhalation should be automatic as you relax)
- Do this 20 times to complete one cycle of Kapalbhati Pranayama.
- Practice 2-3 cycles on an empty stomach.
6 Important Points To Remember
- The exhalation is active while the inhalation is passive. So not inhale actively or consciously.
- The exhalation in Kapalbhati is forceful.
- To enhance the effect, feel as if all the negativity and toxins are released out during forceful exhalation.
- Practice Kapalbhati on an empty stomach.
- Practicing early in the morning in an empty stomach can enhance the effects more and keep you energized for the entire day.
- Always be focused on your breath while practicing Kapalbhati Pranayama.
The 3 Types Of Kapalbhati Pranayama
Based on the inhalation-exhalation practices at a different Rate, there are 3 types of Kapalbhati Pranayama:
1. Vatakrama Kapalbhati: This is the type we only discussed today, where the exhalation is still active, and the inhalation remains still passive.
2. Vyutkrama Kapalbhati: This type requires you to sniff in water through your nostrils, let it flow down your mouth, and then finally spit it out through your lips.
3. Sheetkrama Kapalbhati: This is actually the reverse of Vyutkrama Kapalbhati, and it takes one to carry in water in the mouth area and expel it through your nostrils.
14 Benefits Of Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Practicing Kapalbhati Pranayama on a regular basis completely detoxifies your mind and body. It clears all toxins and toxic air from your body by means of breath.
- If you are a person who is struggling with belly fat or weight gain, you should probably do skull shine breathing techniques.
- This breathing exercise cleanses all the internal organs of the body.
- It purifies your blood by increasing the amount of oxygen intake.
- This exercise improves the flow of bloodstream.
- Kapalbhati increases your focus and concentration and improves memory.
- It can awaken dull emotions.
- It regenerates the life energy within you.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama increases your lung breathing capacity.
- Improves the whole nervous system
- Solves all the gastric problems.
- This exercise is fruitful for people having respiratory problems.
- It improves digestion
- Kapalbhati pranayama also increases your face beauty; it removes all toxins, pimples or dark spots from your face and benefits the skin overall.
Girls should avoid practicing Kapalbhati Pranayama during and shortly after pregnancy and during puberty because it involves strong abdominal squeezes.
People with hypertension and heart issues should consider practicing Kapalbhati only beneath a yoga specialist’s advice.
Don’t practice this should you’d abdominal surgery or matters such as stent, epilepsy, hernia, backache because of slip disk, etc..
Stop the exercise if you get dizzy or bloated. Always work within your own range of limitations and skills.
In case you have any medical concerns, talk to your physician prior to practicing yoga.
So, that was all about Kapalbhati.
Let me know in the comments, how do you feel after doing this?
Searching for a best and affordable yoga mat? Here you go!
Also, consider checking Ujjayi Pranayama, also known as the ocean breath with step by step guide and immense benefits!
Don’t forget to try these 5 Easy Mindfulness Activities to boost your awareness!
Explore these 10 Powerful Mantras to deepen your meditative states!
10 Highly Recommended Spiritual Products At Best Price!
- Best Portable Meditation Chair (Travel Version)
- My Favourite Vipassana Chair
- Best Meditation Set
- Best Yoga Set
- Best Yoga Pants
- Best Meditation Set
- Best Yoga Mat
- Best Tibetian Bowl For Meditation/Mindfulness
- Premium Healing Crystals: 7 Chakras Set
- Best Evil Eye Protection Bracelet
Refresh the page to subscribe to our mailing list and never miss out on our daily updates!